Aleisha is a member of the British Association of Social Workers (BASW) and is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).  If you feel you require more help than that being offered by Social Services or the NHS, the Care Advice Centre can offer you valuable, independent private social services support to ensure that you have all of the options and services on offer fully explained, negotiated and arranged for you.

Aleisha has in-depth knowledge and experience of care provision and case management, gained from working closely with Local Authorities and Primary Care Trusts.  Aleisha has excellent connections with:

  • Local Authorities
  • Primary Care Trusts & NHS Partners
  • Care Agencies
  • Care homes
  • Hospitals

Aleisha will ensure you have received the appropriate assessments and referrals and also to ensure you have had an NHS Continuing Healthcare Checklist completed and been referred for full assessment, if appropriate.  By working closely with individuals, their family and carers  Aleisha can support them through an often difficult transition.

NHS healthcare - is the provision of free care outside of the hospital that is arranged and funded by the NHS. It is only available for people who need ongoing healthcare and meets the eligibility criteria. NHS Continuing Healthcare is sometimes called fully funded NHS care.

To be eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare, the person you look after must be assessed as having a 'primary health need' and have a complex medical condition and substantial and ongoing care needs.

Moving into a care home or care at home
- It is possible to stay in your own home and have carers attend to you or even live in with you. The Care Advice Centre can discuss all of the options and help you to plan the most appropriate level of care and introduce you to carefully selected care agencies. You might prefer to move into a care home and have other people around you for the company. The Care Advice Centre can help to negotiate your move.

There are two types of care home; one offers accommodation with support such as washing and dressing (residential care) and the other offers accommodation and nursing (nursing care). Dementia care is available in both residential and nursing care homes.

If you decide to enter a care home, Social Services will carry out a Community Care Assessment (CCA). The CCA is to ascertain care needs and to check that you meet the eligibility criteria for support. If your total assets are in excess of £23,250 (excluding Life Assurance Investment Bonds) then you will be classed as a ‘self-funder’ and will be responsible for arranging and paying for your own care and support, including the costs of living in a care home.

It is important that you are assessed for NHS Continuing Healthcare funding because if you have a primary health need the NHS may pay for all of your care. If your assets fall below £23,250 then Social Services offer a degree of subsidised care and support.

Hospital discharge service
- It can be a very difficult time when you or a close relative are admitted to hospital. The Care Advice Centre are experienced in planning safe and timely discharges from hospital.  The Care Advice Centre can make a hospital visit, assess care needs and provide extra support when returning home such as collecting shopping and prescriptions, telephone support and arranging domestic services.

Contact Aleisha White
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Telephone: 01572 720 705
Mobile: 07766 490 473