What is financial advice about?
Veracity Financial Planning are Independent Financial Advisers, offering advice in Nottingham, Newark, Lincoln, Grantham, Leicester, Derby, Sheffield.
Our financial advice service starts and continues with a fact find, which is a live and shared document between us. This is updated between us on an annual basis and holds within it the policy details you want accounting within it, together with current valuations and forecasts set to your aims and objectives.
We offer a clear and simple ongoing process of financial advice that will help you understand whether you are meeting your aims and objectives, with transparent & competitive fees and service levels, clearly set out on our website.
Independent Financial Advice should have 3 distinct aims:
1/ Life Planning – understanding what you want to achieve
2/ Financial Planning – understanding the resources available and what you can achieve
3/ Financial Advice – arranging the most suitable way to achieve what you want and what you can achieve with the resources available.
Our process is
1/ to identify what you want to achieve with your finances,
2/ calculate your resources,
3/ identify how you want to achieve your goals,
4/ agree and instigate a plan with you,
5/ monitor those goals and update the validity of what you want to achieve on a regular basis.
Who are we
We are a firm of IFA’s, Independent Financial Advisers, offering Whole of Market advice.
We offer independent financial advice across most areas of financial planning, Pensions, Investment, Mortgages, Equity Release, Long Term Care, Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Income protection, Private Medical Insurance.
Our clients are both individuals with individual needs and firms, either sole traders, partnerships or limited
companies with employer and employee needs.
We are qualified, experienced and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Our aims are;
- To engage our clients interest in their financial planning issues.
- To enable our clients to understand the important decisions they need to make.
- To develop long term client relationships.
- To earn clients trust by our actions, advising rather than selling, with high levels of service.
- To offer advice that is valued, measurable & charged at competitive rates.
About our fees and services:
- Our first meeting is free of charge and we will also prepare a recommendation for you free of charge, you only pay for our advice if you agree with our recommendation and ask us to implement a plan for you.
- Our investment & pension advice charges are 3% of the investment amount but are capped and fixed at £100,000, so if you are investing more than this, you do not pay more for our service.
- We also charge 0.5% for ongoing service where more and more ongoing advice is now charged at 1%.
- Our ongoing service fee is also capped.
- Charges can be paid from the invested monies or separately.
- We treat husbands and wives, partners, as a single entity for charging purposes.
- We guarantee not to charge an initial fee again if we believe monies need moving to another provider.
- Our role is not to sell you a product but to advise you about what the drawbacks are, as well as the benefits of any decisions that you make, so that you are in a position to make the decisions that sit most comfortably with your objectives.
You don’t have to ask us to invest any monies for you, or ask us to arrange any plans for you, if you would like to receive a full fact find report and annual financial review report, we charge £500/yr for this service, although this service is included free of charge with our investment services.
Our charges ensure you are invested sensibly, according to your wishes, in competitively charged funds, with access to advice when and how you want it.
A financial adviser’s job is to help you identify, plan and maintain your finances and to help answer these types of questions:
- will I have enough money to retire when I want to retire?
- how will my lifestyle compare in retirement to when I am working?
- will my family have enough money if I am off sick or disabled for a long time?
- will my family have enough money if I die?
- what am I saving for, what do I want to do with my money and how can I achieve those goals sensibly and safely?
- how can I afford to buy the house I want to buy?
- can I help my elderly mother and father use their assets wisely in order to fund the best quality of living and ensure the money doesn’t run out.
A few % difference in average return per year can make a big difference to the end result and with 20,000 different funds available to invest in… how do you know which will be decent funds and what the allocation of monies should be to entrust to each type of fund. Unfortunately disguising what charges you are actually paying, has historically been the investment industries darkest art. Unless you are sure that you know where and how to invest and able to identify the different charging structures offered, paying for an ongoing advice service can significantly improve the security and performance of your investments and could be vitally important to your ultimate fund/income and achievement of your goals.
As IFAs we believe that our role is to listen to you, translate the unnecessary complex language that surrounds financial planning and make it easier for you to understand the options available to you, helping you understand what the benefits and drawbacks are, when making important decisions, whether setting up new plans or reviewing what you have in place.
In our personal lives we have to deal with important decisions which will affect not only our lives but also our families lives, these decisions are worth careful consideration. We help you make and set plans and help you monitor your progression in achieving your goals.
All businesses need the best financial advice, most competitive premiums and up to date systems available in the marketplace for all employee benefits. Business owners need to protect the value built up in their company, either to protect the company or to protect their own family.
As IFAs we also act as an extension to HR Departments in advising staff on ongoing and current financial planning issues, comparing market costs and service levels both when setting up company plans and also helping you to manage those plans as your business develops.
We are Independent Financial Advisers in Bingham, offering Independent Financial Advice in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Newark, Lincoln, Grantham, Lincolnshire Leicester, Leicestershire, Derby, Derbyshire, Sheffield. If you are looking for financial advice from an IFA we will happily discuss any area of interest or concern with you